Banater Hall Ballroom
The structure was built in 1925 by Oliver Chamberlain at a cost of $175,000.
The Hall was run by a German Organization - Banater Hallen Gesslschaft - and was a center for the local German population.
The inauguration of the "Banater Hall" - home of the Banater Singing Society in Cleveland - took place on July 4, 1926.
During The Depression of the 1930's, the Banater Hall Co., went bankrupt due to financial losses and membership reductions.
In 1939, significant revisions of the Society's statutes concerning membership, benefits and obligations led to a "New Banater Hall" which became the first home of the Society of Donauschwaben in Cleveland after WWII.